Regulations - Major Program
- Students who major in Law and Society shall complete all the requirements of the Bachelor of Arts program.
- As per the Interdisciplinary Regulations students shall complete a minimum of 36 credit hours from a minimum of any three Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines with no more than 15 credit hours from any one discipline (other than Law and Society).
- Students are required to complete:
- LWSO 1000 and LWSO 4000
- 6 additional credit hours of Law and Society courses
- The remaining 24 credit hours are to be selected from the course list and must include a minimum of 15 credit hours at the 3000-level or above, at least 3 credit hours of which must be at the 4000-level.
- No more than 15 credit hours (5 courses) can be selected from Table 2 courses.
- Before registering for any LWSO 4000 level course, students must complete 18 of the 36 credit hours required for the major including Law and Society 1000. In exceptional circumstances, the coordinator may waive this prerequisite.
- Excepting students enrolled in the joint B.Comm/BA program, students may only count 6 credit hours (2 courses) from approved non-arts courses. Students enrolled in the joint B.Comm/BA program, may count 12 credit hours (4 courses) from approved non-arts courses.
- As per the Interdisciplinary Regulations a maximum of 12 credit hours from an interdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences Major may be used to satisfy the requirements of a single disciplinary Minor or second Major, provided they are in accordance with the regulations governing both programs.
Detailed Regulations for the Interdisciplinary Major in Law & Society can be found in the Academic Calendar.