TVN Strategic Impact Grant Program
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Research Grant and Contract Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
The EOI for this grant does not require review and sign-off by Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS), Memorial University; however RGCS requests that researchers forward a copy of the completed EOI to their office upon submission to the sponsor. Researchers should consult with individual academic units for unit requirements regarding submitting and EOI for this opportunity. In addition, if your EOI should be accepted to move forward please contact RGCS to help facilitate institutional review of the full application package.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, email@example.com, 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Karen Follett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-8252.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, the Labrador Institute, and the Counselling Centre is Tasha Harrold, email@example.com , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at http://www.mun.ca/research/funding/grants/institutional-review.php
TVN Strategic Impact Grant Program
TVN is launching a new, collaborative Strategic Impact Grant Program. This Program is non-traditional and unique in that TVN is seeking researchers with potential projects interested in achieving greater impact by collaborating with other like-minded researchers and projects, and partnering with industry partners, knowledge users and trainees on a wider basis.
For this program, six specific themes have been selected targeting patient-centered outcomes with the potential for significant impact:
- End-of-Life Care
- Trajectories of Care
- Appropriate Medication Prescription
- Technology as a Means to Improve Health Care Outcomes
- Quality of Care Indicators
- Improved Supports
- Prior to submitting their proposals, applicants are required to register their intent to submit an EOI by February 26, 2014 by filling out the online form on the TVN website;
- Submit an EOI by March 5, 2014 using the designated form found on the TVN website;
- If the EOI is successful, applicants will be invited to attend a development meeting in Toronto on May 12, 2014;
- If invited to apply, full applications are due July 23, 2014;
- Awards will be announced in late September 2014.
Points of consideration:
- This program encourages researchers to work collaboratively with other researchers, institutions, industry partners, trainees and knowledge users;
- Identification of partnerships and funding at the EOI stage is important for determining success;
- Projects require to provide confirmation of cash or in-kind contributions from eligible partners totaling a minimum of 25% of the funding request;
- Total funding available from TVN for this Program is $2.5 million to support four to six projects of 18 to 24 months in length, with maximum funding of $300,000 per year.
- Potential for commercialization would be an asset, but not a requirement of the program.
For more information, please visit the TVN website: http://www.tvn-nce.ca/
For further information on the Strategic Impact Grant Program, please contact Mr. Young T. Kim, Research Program Manager, at SIGapply@tvn-nce.ca, or 613-549-6666, x.6208.