Mitacs Funding Available
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Comprehensive Review for this competition is: noon, 10 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for this competition is: noon, 3 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, email@example.com , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Karen Follett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-8252.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Tasha Harrold, email@example.com , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
Mitacs is pleased to announce national funding and training opportunities to faculty members, students and postdoctoral fellows.
Please note the deadline for submissions in each call.
- Deadline: September 19, 2013
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships fund PhDs conducting research with industrial partners.
- Fellowships consist of a 3 year peer-reviewed research project supported with $30,000 annually.
- This program is open to all PhDs regardless of nationality
- Funding available through Mitacs Accelerate to collaborate with industry on research or development-focused projects
- Projects undertaken by grad students and post-docs from ALL disciplines
- Applications accepted throughout the year