Webinars on ERA-CAN Marie Curie Actions and EURAXESS
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Comprehensive Review for this competition is: noon, 10 working days prior to sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for this competition is: noon, three working days prior to sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Mandy Strickland, email@example.com , 709-864-3805.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Tasha Harrold, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-4745.
Further details are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
Save the Date: Webinars on ERA-CAN Marie Curie Actions and EURAXESS
Monday, May 6 to Thursday, May 9, 2013
Calls for proposals for the People programme, or Marie Curie Actions, were published on the European Commission's CORDIS website March 14, 2013. The calls for international incoming and outgoing fellowships are of particular interest to Canadian researchers and research organizations
International Outgoing Fellowships allow Canadian research organizations to host postdoctoral fellows who are fully funded by the European Commission, including their salary, research and mobility expenses. Researchers are funded for 1-2 years in Canada before returning to their host institution in Europe for a funded second or third year.
International Incoming Fellowships allow Canadian researchers to travel for a 1-2 year period in a European research institution, with their salary, mobility and research expenses funded by the European Commission.
Calls for proposals can be found on the European Commisssion Participant Portal. The deadline for proposals is August 14, 2013.
If you'd like to find out more, ERA-CAN will be hosting three upcoming free webinars on Marie Curie Actions, and the EURAXESS website, which can be of use to those looking to respond to a call or find partners in Europe.
- Opportunities for Canadians in Marie Curie Actions (English)
Presenters: Garth Williams, Director, ERA-Can
Paul Harris, Policy Office, European Commission
May 6, 2013 at 11 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- EURAXESS: How Canadians can use this important tool (English)
Presenter: Viktoria Bodnarova, Regional Representative, EURAXESS Links North America
May 7, 2013 at 11 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- Opportunities for Canadians in Marie Curie Actions (French)
Presenter: Garth Williams, Director, ERA-Can
May 9, 2013 at 3 pm Eastern Standard Time