Having made a choice for a primary program, we encourage students to balance their primary interest with education in other areas. The minor program is one way to do this. By completing eight courses in a specific discipline, you will be recognized as having completed a minor. For Physics students, there are many obvious options, e.g. Math, Computer Science or Chemistry, but what about Archaeology, or Business. The minor need not be within the Faculty of Science.
The following undergraduate programs are available in the Department:
- Minor in Physics
- Major in Physics
- Honours in Physics
- Honours/Major in Environmental Physics
- Applied Mathematics/Physics Joint Honours
- Applied Mathematics/Physics Joint Major
- Physics/Biochemistry Joint Honours
- Physics/Chemistry Joint Honours
- Physics/Computer Science Joint Major
- Physics/Computer Science Joint Honours
- Physics/Earth Science Joint Honours
- Geophysics/Physical Oceanography Joint Honours
- Physics/Earth Science Joint Major
At the discretion of the course instructor, Supplementary Examinations will be allowed in some Physics courses. Regulations governing supplimentary examinations in Physics (and Biochemistry) are available in the university calendar.