The Pharmasave Pharmacy Innovation in Patient Care Award
Sponsored by Pharmasave Drugs Ltd. these two awards, valued at $1250 each, are awarded to students who show leadership in the development and implementation of a "non-dispensing" patient care program/service offered by a community pharmacy. Examples of such programs include but are not restricted to:
- Information and screening clinics
- Health Management Programs (eg. consultations)
- Community Presentations and Seminars
- Medication Management (eg. Compliance packaging, visual/hearing impaired, disabled, etc)
Students entering the 3rd or 4th year of the pharmacy program are eligible to apply.
The student(s) applying for the award must submit a document to the Awards Committee that outlines the following:
- Description of the program including an explanation of why this program is innovative.
- Description of the implementation phase.
- Any forms/materials that the student developed and used for the program.
- A brief letter from a pharmacist preceptor verifying the program.
NOTE: The program does not have to be 100% successful to be eligible for consideration as there are many challenges that students do not have control over. Programs that involve implementation of pre-existing program will not be considered for this award.
A selection committee will be composed of members of the School's Awards Committee.
Deadline: Friday August 16th, 2013
Send Application to:
Attn: Heather Bugler
School of Pharmacy
300 Prince Philip Drive
St. John's, NL A1B 3V6
Past Award Recipients
- 2012 - Caitlin Noseworthy
- 2011 - Christopher Grant and Jennilee Harleye
- 2010 - Nikita Butt & Stephen Coombs
- 2009 - Greg Batt & Marie-Claire Savoie
- 2008 - Jennifer Plaxton & Marie-Clair Savoie