The Pharmasave Pharmacy Innovation in Patient Care Award
Sponsored by Pharmasave Drugs Ltd. these two awards, valued at $1250 each, are awarded to students who show leadership in the development and implementation of an innovative patient care program/service offered by a community pharmacy. Examples of such programs include but are not restricted to:
Information and screening clinics
Health management programs (e.g., consultations)
Community presentations and seminars
Medication management (e.g., adherence packaging, visual/hearing impaired, disabled)
Eligible Applicants: Students entering the third or fourth/final year of the pharmacy program
Application Process: The student(s) applying for the award must submit a package to the Awards Committee that outlines the following:
- Description of the program/service including an explanation of why this program/service is innovative and/or advances the practice of pharmacy.
- Description of the implementation phase.
- Any forms/materials that the student developed and used for the program.
- A brief letter from a pharmacist preceptor/employer/supervisor verifying the program.
- The program/service does not have to be 100% successful to be eligible for consideration as there are many challenges that students do not have control over.
- Programs that involve implementation of pre-existing program will not be considered for this award.
- The program/service may have been developed and/or implemented during any community pharmacy experience (i.e., SPE, summer placement or part-time job).
Selection: The selection committee will be composed of members of the School of Pharmacy’s Awards Committee.
Deadline: August 12, 2015
Send Application to:
Attn: Heather Bugler
School of Pharmacy
300 Prince Philip Drive
St. John's, NL A1B 3V6
Past Award Recipients
- 2012 - Caitlin Noseworthy
- 2011 - Christopher Grant and Jennilee Harleye
- 2010 - Nikita Butt & Stephen Coombs
- 2009 - Greg Batt & Marie-Claire Savoie
- 2008 - Jennifer Plaxton & Marie-Clair Savoie