Dr. John Hawboldt
Cross appointed, Faculty of Medicine (Respirology) and Eastern Health (Department of Pharmacy)
Dr. Hawboldt holds a B.Sc (Pharmacy) with distinction from the University of Saskatewan (1992), a Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Washington (2003) and completed a Hospital Pharmacy Residency at the Alberta Children's Hospital (1992-93).
He has had numerous practice sites over the years (medicine, surgery, adult critical care, neonatal critical care, ambulatory care and infectious disease) and am currently affiliated with the Cystic Fibrosis Program of Eastern Health (both adult and pediatric).
Research Areas of Interest:
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (curriculum development/assessment)
- Expanded scope of practice
- Medication management safety
- Antimicrobial stewardship
Teaching Areas of Interest: Infectious disease, gastrolintestinal and respirology pharmacotherapy
- COPD and adherence to medications
- Curriculum Assessment and Outcome Achievement
- ADHD and pharmacist directed educational interventions.
- Responses by breast and prostate cancer patients to out-of-pocket costs in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Housser E, Mathews M, Lemessurier J, Young S, Hawboldt J, West R.
Curr Oncol. 2013 Jun;20(3):158-65. doi: 10.3747/co.20.1197.
- Real-world challenges to the practice of evidence-based medicine.
McCarthy R, Hawboldt J, Davis E.
Can J Hosp Pharm. 2012 Nov;65(6):465-6. No abstract available.
- Risk factors of cellulitis treatment failure with once-daily intravenous cefazolin plus oral probenecid.
Bader MS, Twells L, Hawboldt J.
South Med J. 2011 Dec;104(12):789-93. doi: 10.1097/SMJ.0b013e3182387365.
- Pharmacists Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (NLPB) Pharmacist of the Year, 2014
Dr. John Hawboldt
Phone: (709) 777-8777