Grad student recruitment
Dr. Hai Nguyen, health economist, is accepting new Master's and PhD students who are focused on policy-relevant topics in the areas of public health, health economics, health policy and health services research. Funding is available.
Dr. Nguyen encourages students interested in the following research projects:
- The Choosing Wisely campaign and its impacts on healthcare utilization, behavioral interventions to promote physician and patient engagement;
- Marijuana among adolescents and adults after Canada's marijuana legalization;
- Bans on access to electronic cigarettes for adolescents;
- Bans on use of electronic cigarettes in public places;
- Tax credits for fitness activities on physical activity participation;
- Expanded scope of practice for pharmacists on health care utilization;
- Economic evaluation of new healthcare technology;
- Cost effectiveness of new genetic tests developed under the translational and Personalized Medicine Initiative.
For further information, please contact Dr. Hai Nguyen.