Research and Researchers
The faculty at the School of Pharmacy are deeply passionate about research that has direct effects on the health of our population.
This research informs the teaching of our students and enhances the depth of our program's curriculum.
We invite you to learn more about the ongoing research being conducted by our faculty. For those interested in graduate programs, please note that we are not necessarily accepting students in these areas of study. Please consult individual faculty pages to see if graduate students are being considered at this time.
Our current areas of strength include:
- Medicinal Chemistry: drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties
- Neuropharmacology: Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology: Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases
- Childhood Obesity / Adult Obesity
- Interprofessional Health Education
- Pharmacy Practice / Collaborative Practice
- Computational Chemistry & Structural Biochemistry / Computer-Aided Drug Design & High-Throughput Screening; Protein Folding and Function; Drug-Protein, Protein-Protein Complexations