Research and Researchers
The faculty at the School of Pharmacy are deeply passionate about research that has direct effects on the health of our population.
This research informs the teaching of our students and enhances the depth of our program's curriculum.
We invite you to learn more about the ongoing research being conducted by our faculty.
Our current areas of strength include:
- Medicinal Chemistry: drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties
- Pharmacology: Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons
- Pharmacology-Pharmacokinetics: Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Childhood Obesity / Adult Obesity
- Vitamin D Research
- Research on Interprofessional Health Education
- Pharmacy Practice / Collaborative Practice in Different Areas
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Mohsen Daneshtalab
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research
School of Pharmacy
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL, A1B 3V6, Canada