Deep Sea Research Lab
IPOCAMP pressurized vessel
We have two IPOCAMP vessels which may be used to study deep-sea life at pressures up to 300 bars (equivalent to 3000 m depth). The system is housed in the deep-sea holding room, but is also ship mountable.
- Flow through from filtered seawater lines
- Chambers are 19 L; 20 cm diameter, 60 cm height
- Temperatures from 2 to 100 °C
- 12 L / hour flow
- Endoscope with camera, monitor and recorder as well as fibre optic light guides
PICCEL / PRISM
The PICCEL system consists of two quick open reactors for the culture of minute organisms (cells, embryos) under pressure and flow-through conditions via a manual pump and a regulation line. The quick opening pressure vessels feature rapid cyclic operation with an O-ring seal. The system also includes a PRISM-type cell for microscopic observation of specimens while still held under pressure. It is possible to carry out different operations (renewal of water, sampling) without depressurizing the reactors.
- Volume: 50 ml
- Inside diameter: 30 mm
- Inside length: 80 mm under the cover
- Maximum allowable working pressure: 300 bars @ 100°C