Aquabiolabs Multi-Tank Systems
The CDRF is configured with a variety of highly flexible multi-tank systems that can be located in or outside of containment. Various small rearing tanks can be set-up to study a range of experimental factors, such as:
- Water may be chilled down to 2°C
- Hypoxia: dissolved oxygen maintained down to 1 mg/L in rearing tanks
- Creation of temperature shocks: rapid increase or decrease in water temperature
- Close systems for controlled feeding and parasitology studies: Filtration down to 1 µm (e.g. for bio-containment studies)
- Open system to allow natural sea-water and plankton to enter the system.
Detailed information can be found here.