LPN Bridging Option
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Bridging Option is available for interested applicants who graduated from the Practical Nursing Program offered in Newfoundland and Labrador 2002 or later and who hold a current LPN license.
Due to the Bridging semester of the LPN Bridging Option beginning in the Spring semester, the deadline to apply to the LPN Bridging Option is February 1. Additionally, applicants to the LPN Bridging Option should apply for the Spring semester, not the Fall semester, on their Memorial University admission application.
The academic requirements for the LPN Bridging Option are:
- Biology 2201 and 3201, or equivalent
- Chemistry 3202, or equivalent
Students who do not have Biology 2201 AND 3201 completed can take Biology 1001 and 1002 at Memorial University. Students who do not have Chemistry 3202 completed can take Chemistry 1010 at Memorial University prior to seeking admission into the LPN Bridging Option.
Students who are conditionally accepted to the LPN Bridging Option must successfully complete a Bridging semester during the Spring semester at Memorial University. If students successfully complete this required semester, they will then bridge into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Nursing (Collaborative) Program at the Centre for Nursing Studies.
The Bridging semester consists of the following courses:
- Biochemistry 1430
- Psychology 1000
- three credit hours in English
- Bridging Course (offered at the Centre for Nursing Studies)
- Math requirement, if applicable, so as to meet the prerequisite for Nursing 2004. If you previously wrote the Math Placement Test (MPT) and received 50%; or successfully completed 102N; or successfully completed three credit hours in Mathematics (excluding Statistics 2500), you would satisfy the Math requirement required within the Bridging semester.
Here is a link to the Calendar admission regulations: http://www.mun.ca/regoff/calendar/sectionNo=NURS-0967