There's a sense of awe that comes over you when you stand on our coast.
Face East. You're standing on the edge of North America.
Breathe deep. You've never experienced fresh air like this.
As you watch the waves crash against the cliffs and rocks that line the coast remember that for most of our ancestors this is the sight that greeted them as they approached the new world. Rough. Rugged. Untamed. And completely natural.
Newfoundland remains pristine. An untouched remnant of centuries long past. Explore it yourself and discover:
* Thousands of miles of rugged coastline.
* Two rural fishing villages right in the middle of a modern city.
* Wildlife of every description.
* Panoramic ocean views at every turn in the road.
* Open spaces as far as you can see.
* Air so fresh that it takes your breath away.
Copyright © 2008 Housing, Food and Conference Services | Memorial University