Greetings and welcome to my blog dedicated to Clarinet and Saxophone.
This site is for all of us who are interested in expanding our knowledge, posing questions, discussing problems, finding solutions and sharing our joys in creating and making music.
My name is Paul Bendzsa, and I am Associate Professor of Music at Memorial University in St. John’s Newfoundland. My field of performance, exploration and teaching ranges from classical chamber music to contemporary improvisation: I am principal clarinettist with the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra, founding member of The Blue Rider Ensemble and the acclaimed Spanner Duo with percussionist Rob Power.
I believe in variety and versatility when it comes to planning and maintaining a career in music. I hope to share this philosophy with you at this site, and I invite you to share your experiences with me and with others who log on.
Included at this site are -
• Video tutorials on a range of practical issues.
• Preparing for admission to the School of Music.
• A beginner’s guide to playing the clarinet and saxophone.
• Reed care and maintenance.
• Materials: concert repertoire and etudes.
• Interactive video contact for online help and discussion
• Biography and photo tour
• Teaching single reeds – the “three Ts”.
You can reach me at email@example.com or 709-864-7481