REVIEW OF TENURE-TRACK APPOINTEE
- CLAUSE 10.06(a):
- In cases where a tenure-track appointee is appointed between January 1 and August 31, the first review...
shall be initiated by the Administrative Head by September 1 of the year following the year of
- In cases where a tenure-track appointee is appointed between September 1 and December 31, the first
review...shall be initiated by the Administrative Head by September 1 immediately following the
appointment... . [non-decision year]
- CLAUSE 10.06(c):
- Review of tenure-track appointees at the rank Assistant Professor for extension of appointment shall be
initiated by the Administrative Head no later than September 1 in the third year of the appointment.
- CLAUSE 10.06(d):
- No later than September 1 in the fifth year of a tenure-track appointment, an Assistant Professor
shall write to his or her Administrative Head choosing whether to be considered for tenure in the fifth or
sixth year. Failure to choose shall mean that consideration for tenure shall be given in the sixth year. (See
also Clause 11.07 in the Collective Agreement).
- CLAUSE 10.06(e):
- Review of Tenure-track appointments for tenure shall be initiated by the Administrative Head no later
than September 1 in the fifth year of the appointment of Assistant Professors, and the third year
of the Tenure-track appointment of Associate Professors. In the case of Associate Professors with a
two (2) year tenure-track appointment as of the date of signing of the 1999-2001 Collective Agreement,
the review for tenure shall be initiated by the Administrative Head no later than September 1 of the
second year of the appointment. (See also clause 11.11 in the Collective Agreement).
PROMOTION TO ANY RANK
- CLAUSE 10.06(f):
- An application or nomination shall be made in writing for consideration for promotion to the
Administrative Head by September 1. (See also Clauses 10.04, 10.05 &12.01 in the Collective
- CLAUSE 10.06(g):
- At the same time as the Administrative Head initiates the review or receives an application or
nomination for promotion... he or she shall request the Faculty Member to prepare materials for the
assessment file as specified in Article 9.
VACANCIES ON THE PROMOTION AND TENURE COMMITTEE
- CLAUSE 8.04:
- Any vacancies on the Promotion and Tenure Committee initially set up with fewer than five (5) members
shall be filled during the period September 15 to October 1.
- CLAUSE 8.06:
- In the event of a resignation from the Committee on or before September 15 an attempt shall be made to
fill the resulting vacancy, either by election or appointment between September 15 and October 1
according to the manner in which the position(s) was originally filled. Resignations after September 15
shall not be replaced.
ESTABLISH PROMOTION AND TENURE FILE - ALL CANDIDATES
- CLAUSE 9.02:
- Candidates for non-decision year review, extension of tenure track appointment, tenure or
promotion shall submit materials for their file to the Administrative Head by September 15. The
Administrative Head shall notify the Faculty Member that the Faculty Member has the right to include in
the assessment file rebuttal or written comments on the accuracy or meaning of any documents inserted
into his or her assessment file.
- CLAUSE 9.03:
- Before making the file available to the P&T Committee, the Administrative Head shall insert copies of
any relevant documents previously placed in the official personal file of the candidate. Such documents
shall be clearly marked as having been inserted by the Administrative Head.
PROMOTION TO RANK OF PROFESSOR
- CLAUSE 12.11:
- Candidates for promotion to Professor shall submit a list of at least 5 potential referees to the
Administrative Head by September 15.
TENURE-TRACK NON-DECISION YEAR REVIEW
- CLAUSE 10.06(g):
- In a Non-Decision year Review, the Administrative Head shall present the file, prepared in
consultation with the candidate to the Committee, not later than September 20.