MUN DISC's Mandate and Services
The mission of MUN DISC consists of the following:
- To advocate for the rights of students with disabilities at Memorial University.
- To create awareness of the needs of students with disabilities at Memorial University, other private and public post-secondary institutions and the community as a whole.
- To improve the accessibility of the Memorial University campus by working together with our student union (MUNSU) and other on and off campus groups, organizations and committees.
- To promote the services available both on and off campus to students with disabilities.
- The office will try to provide a cross disability resource based library to students with disabilities and to those interested in obtaining information about disabilities.
- To provide a social network and an opportunity to interact with other students and groups on and off campus.
- To hold social events for members of the Centre.