Harbour Buffett, located on the southeastern side of Long Island in inner Placentia Bay, has a deep, sheltered harbour with Dick's Island at the entrance and Isaac's Island close by to the south. It was settled in the early nineteenth century by English and Irish fishermen who took up residence in four areas: "the harbour," northeast Harbour Buffett, the Tickles, and Coffin's Cove. Although Harbour Buffett was primarily a fishing community, census records also list coopers, blacksmiths, sailmakers, carpenters, boat builders and clerks. The first official census in 1836 showed a population of 58, and by 1921 the population peaked at 498. When young people started leaving to further their education the community began its decline. Harbour Buffett was abandoned in 1967 under the second phase of the government-sponsored resettlement program. The majority of residents moved to Arnold's Cove, Dunville and St. John's. The images here show life in Harbour Buffett from early in the twentieth century to resettlement in 1967, it's abandoned state, and finally the reunion of 1993.