- The Grand Concourse is 125 km integrated trail linking every major park, river, pond and green space in St. John’s, including Memorial’s Marine Institute and St. John’s campus. Suitable for all ages.
- The Memorial University Botanical Garden features plants native to the province and cultivated plants suited to the local climate. A trail system allows visitors to view a number of boreal habitats.
- The Bonne Bay Marine Station is located on the water's edge in Norris Point, Bonne Bay, Gros Morne National Pak on Newfoundland’s west coast, near Grenfell Campus. The station offers guided tours of its aquarium and touch tank daily June -Sept. Suitable for all ages.
- The Ocean Sciences Centre is Memorial University’s Faculty of Science’s cold ocean research facility featuring laboratories for North Atlantic fishery, aquaculture, oceanography, ecology, behaviour and physiology. Located in Logy Bay, approximately 8 kms from the St. John’s. The Summer Visitor's Program, outdoor touch tank and seal compound is open from June to Labour Day weekend and operates daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Suitable for all ages.
- Pippy Park is a 14-square kilometer urban park offering spectacular views of the city and the Atlantic Ocean and year-round recreational opportunities. In addition to numerous groomed and wilderness-style running, walking and biking trails, visitors enjoy both a nine-hole and an 18-hole golf course, a driving range, and a public access campground with 211 service and unserviced sites.