Culture & Heritage
- The D. F. Cook Recital Hall at our School of Music regularly schedules performances featuring our students and faculty, as well as visiting artists.
- The Great Hall at Queen's College features exhibits of Newfoundland archaeology and material culture artifacts. Call 709-864-8869 for exhibit information.
- The Queen Elizabeth II Library is one of Canada's best university libraries. In addition to its millions of books and periodicals, it houses several specialized collections, including those of the Centre for Newfoundland Studies.
- The Johnson Geo Centre: A world class geological interpretation centre, located next to Signal Hill National Historic Site. Visit the theatre and exhibits, including Earth’s Geological Showcase ,the ExxonMobil Oil and Gas Gallery and The Titanic Story.
- The Rooms Provincial Art Gallery: Visit the museum and art gallery, including the Memorial University of Newfoundland Collection* featuring more than 6,000 artworks by primarily Canadian and provincial artists, including work by Christopher and Mary Pratt, Gerald Squires, David Blackwood, Reginald and Helen Parsons Shepherd, Don Wright and Anne Meredith Barry. Collection is subject to availability.