Changes to Site Builder
In October 2010, we replaced the text editor in Site Builder with a new one called TinyMCE in an effort to make it easier to create and edit pages.
Most of the icons (and their functions) will be familiar to you but a few of the tools work a little differently in this new editor.
Here's a brief overivew of the major changes. For more details, consult the Help Guide.
Cut, Copy and Paste
The Cut and Copy icons work just as they do in any word processing program. But the Paste function works a little differently than it did in the old editor. To paste your text into the editor, place your cursor in the appropriate place and use Control V function on your keyboard (hold down the Control key and then the V key).
If you want to insert the text as plain text (ie. without any of the formatting from the original document or program), click on the Paste icon and then use the Control V function.
To insert an image, click on the Insert/Edit Image icon and then click on the Browse icon to the right of the space for the Image URL. A new window will open for the Moxiecode Image Manager.
- Upload the image: Click Upload and then Choose Files. This function allows you to search your own computer and locate the image that you’d like to use. Find the image and click Open and then Upload to Server. Your photo is now in the image manager for your site and can be used again by anyone who maintains your site.
- Edit the image: Once the photo is in the Image Manager, you can change the size and shape of the image before adding it to your page. Click the upward arrow that appears in the lower right corner of your image and then select Edit from the list of options. Your photo will open in another window.
- Crop the image: You can crop the photo by clicking on the Crop icon, highlighting the area that you want to include in the photo, and then clicking the Apply icon.
- Resize the image: To change the size of the photo, click the Resize icon and then change the width and height. You can do this by entering the measurements in the boxes above the photo or by clicking on a corner of the image and using your mouse to change the size. Either way, be sure to put a check mark on Constrain Proportions to ensure that the shape of the photo remains the same. Once you have made the changes, click Save.
- Insert the image: To add the photo to the page, click on the photo from the Image Manager, type in the Image Description (also known as an Alt Tag), align it to the left or right (using the drop-down list), set a Border if you prefer, and enter 5 in both the Vertical Space and Horizontal space boxes. Then, click Insert to place the image on the page.
New feature - Insert YouTube video
Site Builder now offers you a quick and easy way to present a video on your page. Start by uploading your video to YouTube or finding the relevant video there. Copy the URL for that particular video. Click the Embed YouTube video icon and paste the URL into the space provided. You may want to change the dimensions of the YouTube video to fit your specific page.