Marketing & Communications Photography
- Digital photography, studio or on location, color or black & white
- Custom black & white and colour prints from digital file
- Digital images from flat copy, books or art work
- Negative scanning
- Photographic advice
- Computer-digital imaging (digital imaging to film, scan to disk and photo manipulation and touch-up)
- Studio setups
- Event coverage
Need a photographer?
If you need a photographer for an event on campus, call to set up the appointment: 864-7570. The photographer will need some information:
- What is the setting? (Indoor/outdoor, office, studio, casual/formal, a big group, presentation, etc.)
- For which department? And which project or event?
- Is this a brand photo or a general photo?
- Will you need a single photo or a series?
- Will you need an e-file or prints?
- What resolution? (The photo's intended use will affect file resolution.)
Everyone posing in a custom marketing shot will be required to sign a photo permission release form granting the university all rights to use the photo.
If you need artistic studio shots (art work, artifacts, item collages, etc.), please call for an appointment: 864-7570.
Requests for work outside normal office hours (8:30-4:40 p.m.) will be considered with at least one week's advance notice and charges will be at overtime rates.
If you need copy work, enlargements, slide duplicates or film processing, deliver your originals (along with your work order — see below) to our office in FM2038.
Looking for existing photos?
- Visit the online Web Gallery for low resolution images
- Contact your faculty's communications or marketing co-ordinator
- Phone 864-7571
In copy work, the quality of your original will determine the quality of your finished print or scan. If you have any questions, call us.
If you do not own the rights to the piece of work, you must have permission from the copyright owner to make prints or digital files. Obtaining permission may take several days or several months. Check with the university copyright officer before ordering scans or copies to ensure you have the right to do so; call 864-2089.
All services are billable and work requests must be accompanied by a work order signed by the appropriate person in your department and include your FOAPAL number. Call 864-7571 to request an NCR requisition blank.