The Divison of Marketing and Communications provides access to the most up-to-date information released by Memorial University of Newfoundland. Archives of previous news releases are also available.
To access news releases from Grenfell Campus please click here.
REF NO.: 1
SUBJECT: Memorial receives more than $1.5 million in research funding
DATE: Sept. 2,2008
- Dr. Stuart Durrant, Department of German and Russian, $42,696. Unpublished correspondence of D.V. Filosofov 1872-1940.
- Dr. Pricilla Renouf, Department of Anthropology & Archaeology, $118,361. Dorset palaeoeskimo sealskin working at Phillip's Garden, northwestern Newfoundland.
- Dr. Stephan Curtis, Department of History, $65,000. The arrival and diffusion of medical knowledge in Sweden during the 19th-century.
- Drs. Julie Brittain, Carrie Dyck, Marguerite MacKenzie and Yvan Rose, Department of Linguistics, $111,848. The role of heads in the L1 acquisition of a polysynthetic language.
- Drs. Morgan Gardner and Ursula Kelly, Faculty of Education, $83,541. Youth engagement in educational change.
- Dr. Jeffrey Parsons, Faculty of Business, $57,088. A study of agile practices in using the unified modeling language.
- Dr. Omrane Guedhami along with Dr. Jeffrey Pittman, Faculty of Business, $95,000. Ownership structure, ownership identity and auditor choice: international evidence.
- Dr. Jane Gosine, Faculty of Music, $47,794. Music from 17th century France: an examination of music by Marc-Antoine Charpentier and André Campra.
- Dr. Peter Song, Faculty of Business, $78,000. Lead-time demand characterization in price-setting supply chains.
- Dr. Gerard Van Herk, Department: Linguistics, $58,363. Urbanization and rapid change in Newfoundland English.
- Dr. Jeffrey Pittman along with Dr. Omrane Guedhami, Faculty of Business, $69,205. Empirical evidence on the corporate governance role of tax enforcement.
- Dr. Omrane Guedhami. Multiple large shareholders and corporate governance. Three years: $150,000.Three years: $150,000.
- Dr. Tom Cooper. What is strategic risk: examining strategic risk management. One year: $37,462. One year: $37,462.
- 30 -