REF NO.: 215
Note to editors:
The School of Human Kinetics and Recreation Allied Health Services is holding an open house on Wednesday, June 25, 2008. The open house will begin at 11 a.m. and run until 1 p.m. There will be a short welcome ceremony and greetings at 12 noon, followed by a V02 Max demonstration with elite runner Grant Handrigran. Key stakeholders from the university, sports community, and health care groups have been invited. This event is intended to showcase the services and facilities in Allied Health Services, and will also highlight the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation Research and Programs.
Allied Health Services is a network of services available through the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation focused on enhancing health, athletic performance, education, and research.
• Advanced fitness testing/specialized physiological assessments
• V02 Max testing
• Anaerobic power testing
• Hydrostatic weighing
• Sport-specific fitness assessments
• Strength and conditioning prescription
• Athletic therapy/sport medical services
• Sports dietetics
• Ergonomic assessments (Memorial University employees)
- 30 -