The Divison of Marketing and Communications provides access to the most up-to-date information released by Memorial University of Newfoundland. Archives of previous news releases are also available.
To access news releases from Grenfell Campus please click here.
REF NO.: 71
SUBJECT: Speedy pharmacy research for the masses
DATE: March 14
Members of the media are invited to attend Memorial University’s School of Pharmacy’s second annual Snappy Synopsis: Graduate Research in a Nutshell event on Thursday, March 16, at 11 a.m. in the Health Sciences Centre in St. John’s.
Using props, (amateur) actors, slides or other acceptable communication aids, nine graduate students will get creative in their quest to present their research in street language.
Each contestant has just four minutes to illustrate how their work will make a difference to any Tom, Dick or Harriet.
Meet the contestants!
- Laila Albanna: Breaking Down the Barriers to HIV Testing
- Killol Chokshi: The Name is Stroke, Hemorrhagic Stroke: Unravelling What Lies Beneath
- Kathryn Dalton: What Does ‘One Size Fits All’ Actually Mean?”
- Jennifer Donnan: Today’s Special: Choosing the Best Menu Item for Type 2 Diabetes
- Erin Kelly: Blueberries as a Brain Booster
- Zahed Khatooni: Novels: They Aren’t Just for Reading
- Matthew Lamont: How Much Does Binge Drinking Affect the Developing Brain?
- Caroline Manto-Chagas: It Works, But It Tastes Awful: Unwanted Effects of Cancer Therapy
- Abigail Turner: Pharmacist-Assisted Death
For synopses of each presentation, visit the School of Pharmacy website.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact Heidi Wicks, communications advisor, at email@example.com, 777-7302 or 749-7462 (mobile).