- Office: Speech Sciences and Language Acquisition Lab (SN4046)
- Telephone: (709) 864-6920
- Fax: (709) 864-4000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CV, click here.
- Dr. Yvan Rose
- First Language Acquisition; Phonology.
- Segmental and Prosodic Development: A Corpus-Based, Cross-Linguistic Investigation.
I will be analyzing child language acquisition data in Dutch and European Portuguese (available through the PhonBank initiative, http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/Phon/.) My goal will be to draw a link between segmental development (i.e. the acquisition of individual speech sounds) and prosodic development (i.e. the emerging ability to combine speech sounds and use rhythm and intonation in a meaningful way), by studying and comparing children's attempts to produce consonants in singleton positions and in clusters.