Summer Bridging Program
St. John’s and Grenfell campuses
Aug. 13 - 24, 2012
Note: Last offering for St. John's campus.The Summer Bridging Program is an interactive and intensive program. It is open to students who have a final average of between 65 and 69.9 per cent in those high school courses required for admission to Memorial University (final admission average). Students who successfully complete the summer bridging program will be given the opportunity to attend Memorial University.
- critical reading skills required for reading university-level textbooks,
- writing skills required to produce well-formulated essays and research papers,
- library/research skills required to find and evaluate information for a variety of academic purposes,
- basic academic skills such as note taking, time management and preparation for examinations, and
- learning of academic subjects (like mathematics) that have a large skills component.
Students are required to participate in classes, complete assignments, collaborate with peers and participate in social activities that are designed to support the transition to university life.
The Bridging Program is open to students who have a final average of between 65 and 69.9 per cent in those high school courses required for admission to Memorial (final admission average).
The program will consist of approximately 70 hours of classes over 10 days, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Participation at all sessions is mandatory and will be a factor in determining each candidate's pass/fail assessment.
The Bridging Program does not carry university credit.
Applying for the Program
1. If you have not already applied for general university admission, you must submit a completed Undergraduate Application for Admission form along with the application processing fee. The form is available from the Registrar's Office at either the St. John's or Grenfell campus. The form is also available online.
2. Submit a completed Bridging Program application including a brief statement of education goals.
|Note: If you are a student with a disability and require academic accommodations during the Bridging Program (e.g., large print or specified extended time), please contact the Blundon Center, Office of Student Affairs and Services in St. John's or the Learning Centre at the Grenfell campus to discuss your request. Since documentation will be required and may be difficult to obtain during the summer, it is strongly recommended that applicants who may require special accommodation during the program, should contact their applicable centre as soon as possible.|
The Bridging Program application must be received no later than noon on Friday, Aug. 3.
- Bridging Program: $459.
- Application processing fee: $40 (See Applying for the Program [Item 1], above.)
For More Information...
Elaine Healey, Assistant Director
Division of Lifelong Learning
Room SP4000, (Spencer Hall)
220 Prince Philip Drive
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NF A1C 5S7
Tel. 709 864 3074
Fax. 709 864 8486
Corner Brook, NL, A2H 6P9