Project Intake, Selection & Prioritization
To request, select, and prioritize projects.
1. The project initiator submits a Project Request to the Project Management Office (PMO).
Note that if the total cost of the project (including initial acquisition costs and annual vendor maintenance costs) over five years exceeds $500,000, approval for the project rests with the Vice Presidents Council (VPC). Please refer to Memorial's Information Technology Project Approval Policy for more informaion.
2. The PMO adds the project request to the project portfolio. The CIO Senior Leadership Team follows a scoring process to determine which projects to undertake, when projects can start based on resource availability, and prioritizes the projects accordingly.
3. The PMO assigns a Project Manager.
4. The Project Manager creates the Project Charter, obtaining feedback and final approval from stakeholders as required.
5. The Project Manager ensures the Risk Assessment process is completed.