CAB Change Requests
To ensure any change associated with the project is managed according to ITS Change Management Process.
While it is the responsibility of appropriate technical team members to create the change request and submit it to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) for approval, it is important for the Project Manager to ensure the task is managed and scheduled according to the project plan.
A change could be as minor as moving a PC or as major as installing a new system or removing a system or application. Here are some examples:
- Fix a defect (problem)
- Upgrade release levels of installed products (maintenance)
- Add / Change / Delete server and network hardware
- Install new / upgrade application
- Install support tools (internal IT)
- Performance related changes
- Capacity changes
- Identify project-related changes requiring CAB approval with the project team.
- Schedule and track change request development and approval according to the project plan.