Service Name: Microsoft Windows Domain Services
Information Technology Services (ITS) supports an Active Directory-based Windows Domain that provides information technology services on a campus-wide basis. All central Windows-based servers are part of this domain, as well as personal computers and printers participating in the domain.
- The Domain Services include Active Directory, Exchange, File Shares, Print Services, SQL Services, Blackberry Enterprise Services, Remedy and Application Services.
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) per Memorial Department or Business Unit is required to grant appropriate access to the Active Directory environment.
- The ITS Technical Support Group (TSG) supports the Windows central server environment (the clustered servers, Active Directory, file share, etc), and manages the user licenses on a cost-recovery basis via the SLA.
How to request this service:
By phone, email, fax, and in person:
- Service requests must be placed through the Service Desk to initiate support on this service offering. Requests are logged in the Remedy incident management system and managed through SLA forms.
Out of Scope:
- Non-MUN domain equipment other than web-interface.
- Users not covered by SLA.
- Items excluded via SLA agreement.
- This service is a critical service and is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications are found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/.
- Service outages are given Priority service.
- Creation of a new MEMORIAL domain account takes up to five business days to complete.
Processes and Tools:
- Service Request is processed via the Service Desk and Remedy Incident Management processes.
- Service Level Agreements and SLA forms
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The Service Desk provides front-line client liaison and incident management services.
- The IT Service Advisor is involved in establishing Service Level Agreements.
- Personal Computing Group installs and establishes the user desktop environment.
- Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists.
- The Manager, TSG, is responsible for contract renewal and license purchases.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of users.
- Number of CAL licenses.
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group