Policy on Provision of Services to Affiliated Organizations
The mandate of Information Technology Services is to provide information technology infrastructure and services to the University community in pursuit of the University's general aims and objectives. In addition, where an organization is affiliated with the University, specific services may be extended to that group. ITS will entertain requests for services such as listserv lists and web pages where one or more of the following criteria are met:
- The organization is scholarly in nature (e.g. an association of university researchers, a university conference, etc.), or
- The organization is primarily university-oriented (i.e. it exists to serve, AND is managed by, university personnel), or
- The organization is oriented towards post-secondary students and is managed by members of the University community.
For approved affiliations, the following conditions apply:
- The required resources and technical support are subject to availability, and
- A Memorial employee who is a member of the organization concerned must accept responsibility for the maintenance of the mail lists, web pages, etc., specifically allocated to the organization.
- Direct access to MUN accounts and facilities can only be provided to Memorial students and employees.
- Web sites, web site design, and web site access and maintenance follow established university policy and procedures.
- The approval will be granted for a specific period of time and subject to regular renewals.
ITS reserves the right to terminate or reduce these services at any time, and with reasonable notice if the nature of the organization changes, or if the affiliation with Memorial changes, or if the demand for resources and support exceeds, or is expected to exceed, the University's ability to supply.