ISER Research Grant
ISER Research Grants (up to $8,000 each) are available to graduate students, faculty members or non-affiliated scholars from within Memorial University of Newfoundland or elsewhere to help defray the costs of such items as travel, subsistence, research assistance and materials and supplies for carrying out an approved research project; capital expenditures are not covered. Applications are evaluated by an Awards Panel according to their relevance to the ISER mandate and the merits of the proposals and the applicants. The Awards Panel recommends which applicants to fund and in what amounts. The recommendations are made to the Executive which makes the final decisions.
- Normally, the same applicant will be limited to a maximum of two research grants over a three-year period.
- Applicants for ISER Fellowships who are applying for a research grant to complement their research may use the fellowship application form. There is no need to submit a separate research grant application.
Please note: Applications for travel to conferences and its related expenses will not be accepted as this is not the mandate of ISER.
Please note that for this competition we are using fillable PDFs and digital signatures. Steps for using these pdfs are given below. If you need further help please consult this guide or email Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Before attempting to fill in these pdfs download and save them on your computer - do not attempt to fill them in using your browser.
- Once downloaded and saved, open the pdf in Adobe Reader (please use the latest version available) and fill it in. If you don't have the free Adobe Reader, please download it from the Adobe website.
- Once the form has been filled in, click on the digital signature box at the end of the form (the box with the little red tag on it) and then either create a new digital signature if you have not digitally signed a pdf before, or use an existing digital signature to sign the pdf. NOTE: Do not sign the pdf until the form is completed and ready for emailing; signing the pdf and then changing the fields will invalidate the document.
- Then forward the pdf to the emaill address indicated on the pdf.
To apply for a research grant: