ISER Conference Grant
Conference Grants, up to a maximum of $5,000, are available to members of Memorial University to defray the costs of conference organization; such items as support travel and subsistence for visiting or invited conference attendees, research assistance, materials and supplies associated with a conference will be considered eligible expenses. Applications for travel to conferences and its related expenses will not be accepted as this is not the mandate of ISER.
Deadline Date: The deadline date is March 1 and such applications will be adjudicated by the Awards Panel prior to consideration by the ISER Executive Committee.
This application must be completed by the person organizing the conference or a person delegated by the conference’s organizing committee.
Please note that for this competition we are using fillable PDFs and digital signatures. Steps for using these pdfs are given below. If you need further help please consult this guide or email Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Before attempting to fill in these pdfs download and save them on your computer - do not attempt to fill them in using your browser.
- Once downloaded and saved, open the pdf in Adobe Reader (please use the latest version available) and fill it in. If you don't have the free Adobe Reader, please download it from the Adobe website.
- Once the form has been filled in, click on the digital signature box at the end of the form (the box with the little red tag on it) and then either create a new digital signature if you have not digitally signed a pdf before, or use an existing digital signature to sign the pdf. NOTE: Do not sign the pdf until the form is completed and ready for emailing; signing the pdf and then changing the fields will invalidate the document.
- Then forward the pdf to the emaill address indicated on the pdf.
To apply for a conference grant:
- Fill in and digitally sign the Conference Grant Application.
- Fill in the Applicant section on the Letter of Appraisal form and then email it to the referee so they can fill in their section. You should fill in and email one copy of the form for each referee you are using as a reference.