How to Apply
Check your Eligibility:
GPA needs to be 2.5 or over.Full time undergraduate or graduate students in the year of application will only be considered.You have to complete at least 2 semesters at Memorial University.However, some exceptions may exist, so you can contact your coordinator for more information.
Five Easy Steps:
1. Meet your coordinator to discuss the study abroad options available to you! Bring a list of questions:
Humanities and Social Sciences
Students in faculties other than Humanities and Social Sciences, and Business
Because exchanges/semesters abroad are academic programs and the exchange process is competitive, your academic grades are important selection criteria by student exchange committee.
2. Do your research:
•Which partners offer exchange suitable for your program?
•Do they provide instruction in English?
•Are there scholarships available for that location?
•Can I transfer my credits back?
•What’s the cost of living?
•What’s the culture like?
DON’T WORRY! WE WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT!
3. Pick a destination: Narrow your search based on your research findings and your interests. We recommend you select three of your top destination.
4. Complete your application: You can ask your coordinator questions regarding how to apply. The deadlines for Fall, Winter, Summer and N2N program are down below.
Application Form: An application form can be found here.
- Current résumé: Including academic, work and volunteer experiences.
- Up-to-date transcript: Undergraduate students must have a 2.5 GPA average calculated over their last 16 courses.
- Two letters of reference: These must be at least one academic reference letter.
- Letter of intent: You will be required to provide a detailed description of the reasons behind their choice of exchange location. This will include written summaries of the country, school, courses, and preparation for exchange. Since students need to be nominated by both their academic department and the Internationalization Office in order to participate in an exchange program, you should include any interest in international issues, such as active membership in international organizations, participation in the MUN Mentors program, enrolment in courses with an international focus (foreign language, geography, political science, etc.) and previous travel experience in your application letter.
5. Prepare for departure! Meet with your coordinator for pre-departure.
Once your nomination is accepted, your coordinator will assist you in completing the required application for your choice schools, providing information on travel visa requirements and risk issues.
- Fall Semester: February 15th**
- Spring or Summer: February 1st
- Winter Semester: September 15th
*Applications recieved after this date will be considered depending on partner institution flexibility.
** Applications for UArctic North2North exchanges must be in by February 1st
Students interested in studying abroad should submit their applications for each semester before the deadline.