SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT: PROGRAM BRAZIL
SCHOLARSHIPS PAEC OEA-GCUB 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
The seventh consecutive edition of the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OAS-GCUB 2017 offers 670 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master's or doctorate programs in Brazilian universities.
This Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC OAS-CGBU) between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO) is open now and the deadline to apply is September 25, 2017.
• Full tuition waiver (program cost).
• Partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the minimum (covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
• A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
• Portuguese language support (regular course at the university).
• Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil.
• Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply. • Não haver recebido bolsas de estudos da OEA ou do governo brasileiro no mesmo nível de estudos.
• Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master's and/or a Doctorate program.
• There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
• Applicantions will only be accepted through the online Scholarship Application Form Brazil Scholarships PAEC OAS-GCUB. Incompleted applications will not be eligible in the candidate selection process .
• Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement/Edict in its entirety.
For more information and application, please access the web page (in English and in Spanish): http://www.oas.org/es/becas/brasil.asp
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
This email account email@example.com will only be available and answering questions once the application period opens in August 1, 2017 and will be inactive after the announcement closes on September 25, 2017. Office hours are from Monday through Friday from 09:00 to 17:00 hrs, local time in Washington, D.C., USA.