Memorial University of Newfoundland is a multi-campus, comprehensive University in Canada. The University receives many requests from visiting international dignitaries and delegations every year. Visits often lead to new partnerships and collaborations. The Internationalization Office is pleased to accommodate requests for official visits.
If you are planning to visit Memorial University please follow the instructions here:
- Submit information about your proposed visit, including primary academic unit host and goals of the visit at least eight weeks in advance through our Visiting International Delegations Request Form (opens in a pop-up window, so you may need to disable pop-ups in your browser).
- Review the visa requirements for your visit.
If you are a Memorial unit planning to host a visiting delegation, the Internationalization Office is pleased to support your efforts.
- If the delegation is only visiting your unit, and you would like a representative of the Internationalization Office to meet your guests, please contact the Internationalization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the delegation wishes to engage with other units or campuses, the Internationalization Office can provide support as follows:
• Organize the visit agenda – meetings and presentations.
• Support transportation logistics to and from campus
• Host a luncheon for the delegation.
• Consider and facilitate special requests (letter of invitation for a visa, meetings with senior administrators, signing of agreements, dinners, etc.).
- Review the checklist and prepare the information for the letter of invitation (if you require one): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
If you are a Memorial faculty member or unit that is traveling to visit an institution outside of Canada and are willing to promote Memorial more broadly during your visit, please contact the Internationalization Office at email@example.com
Our staff will investigate the pan-university potential for collaboration with your destination institution and if deemed a strategic opportunity will provide support as follows:
- Connect you with our counterparts in the destination
- Possibly provide a small amount of funding to help with your travel costs or direct you to other external funding depending on the destination
- Supply small gifts and informational brochures
- Supply template MoU and agreement if that is an expected outcome.
- Do follow-up communications.
For Further Information
323 Prince Philip Drive
G.A. Hickman Building, Room ED4007
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL CANADA A1B 3X8