Memorial University is committed to internationalization, international co-operation, student mobility and cultural sensitivity. We welcome international visitors and we strive to collaborate with educational institutions, businesses, governments, foundations, benefactors and alumni around the world in order to enrich research and teaching, and to ensure we offer outstanding programs for faculty and students.
For Memorial students looking to go on an exchange, look no further. You can choose semester-long exchanges, summer schools, or even field schools in more than 125 destinations throughout the globe. There are dozens of scholarship opportunities to assist students in making their international adventure a reality.
For international students, Memorial is an ideal exchange destination. As of 2013, there are 1,872 international students at Memorial, comprising 11% of the student population. Memorial boasts an extremely high level of student satisfaction, and more than 9 out of 10 students would recommend the University to a friend. We have hundreds of programs to choose from, and our small classroom sizes provide students the opportunity to learn in an enriching and welcoming environment.
Memorial also welcomes visiting scholars, researchers, and international delegations.
International Exchange Agreements
View MOUs in a larger map
Other International Offices at Memorial
- The International Centre manages student mobility and relationships with partner universities
- The International Student Advising Office counsels international students on all concerns including documentation, health insurance and accommodation. The ISA offers student programs including mentorship and peer assessment programs.
- The English as a Second Language Unit provides English Courses and a bridging program. ESL courses also run at Grenfell Campus.
- The Go Abroad Office advises both inbound and outbound Faculty of Arts students.
- The Office of Student Recruitment completes a wide range of recruitment and outreach activities to Canadian and international prospective undergraduate students.
- Grenfell Campus attracts international students to its unique programs
- The Faculty of Business Administration has its own International Programs Office
- Marine Institute International manages a significant number of projects internationally.
- The School of Graduate Studies administers all master's and doctoral programs at Memorial and facilitates international research collaboration, joint programs, joint supervision and short-term visits.