Memorial University offers supports for students and faculty affected by U.S. travel restrictions. We welcome and support students, faculty and researchers from all over the world who contribute knowledge and expertise locally, nationally and internationally.
Here at the Internationalization Office, we manage student mobility for students coming to Memorial University and Memorial students wishing to travel abroad. We help facilitate collaborations with our current partners, while attempting to expand our reach and establish new partnerships with universities across the globe to increase the possibilities of both student, faculty and staff exchange.
In addition, our team at the Internationalization Office (formerly International Student Advising) are here to help you as an international student, whether you need information, or just a friendly chat. We can talk to you about health insurance, academic and career options and how to get settled here in the city of St. John's.
Memorial University is committed to internationalization, international co-operation, student mobility and cultural sensitivity. We welcome international visitors and we strive to collaborate with educational institutions, businesses, governments, foundations, benefactors and alumni around the world in order to enrich research and teaching, and to ensure we offer outstanding programs for faculty and students.
For Memorial students looking to go on an exchange, look no further. You can choose semester-long exchanges, summer schools, or even field schools in more than 130 destinations throughout the globe. There are dozens of scholarship opportunities to assist students in making their international adventure a reality.
For international students, Memorial is an ideal exchange destination. As of 2015, there are 2,318 international students at Memorial, comprising 13.5 per cent of the student population. Memorial boasts an extremely high level of student satisfaction, and more than nine out of 10 students would recommend the University to a friend. We have hundreds of programs to choose from, and our small classroom sizes provide students the opportunity to learn in an enriching and welcoming environment.
Memorial also welcomes visiting scholars, researchers, and international delegations.
Other International Offices at Memorial:
- The English as a Second Language Unit provides English Courses and a bridging program. ESL courses also run at Grenfell Campus.
- The Office of Student Recruitment completes a wide range of recruitment and outreach activities to Canadian and international prospective undergraduate students.
- Grenfell Campus attracts international students to its unique programs.
- The Faculty of Business Administration has its own International Programs Office.
- Marine Institute International manages a significant number of projects internationally.
- The School of Graduate Studies administers all master's and doctoral programs at Memorial and facilitates international research collaboration, joint programs, joint supervision and short-term visits.