Please Enter a Search Term

How to Make a Request

Access to Information at Memorial University

  • Access to Information Requests

NOTE:  Application fee no longer required to file an ATIPP request.  You can send your request via email to or by regular post to the address below.


Access to Information Requests

Informal Process

If you wish to access information contained in records at Memorial, either general information or information about yourself, it is best to start by contacting the department at Memorial that has the information. The ATIPP Act, 2015 is in addition to and does not replace existing procedures for access to information or records. A formal ATIPP request is usually not necessary to access information. In general, an informal request can be completed more quickly and with less hassle than an ATIPP request.

Formal Process
If the information cannot be accessed through the routine process, an ATIPP Request can be made by completing the application form and submitting it to the University Access and Privacy Advisor (contact information below).
For further information, please see the FAQ section or contact the ATIPP Analyst in the IAP Office.
Contact Information:

1 Clark Place
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
Phone: (709) 864-8753
Fax: (709) 864-2013