Please Enter a Search Term

St. John's campus at night 2007

Request for Correction of Personal Information

Informal Approach

If you believe that information about you contained in a Memorial University record is inaccurate, contact the office having custody of the record and request to have it corrected. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity and that the information is inaccurate.

Formal Approach

If the informal approach (above) is unsuccessful, you may file a formal Request for Correction of Personal Information by completing a Correction of Personal Information Request application form and submitting it to the Access and Analyst in the IAP office, by email at or telephone 864-8214. For further information please see the FAQ section.

Privacy Complaint Form

If you believe that your personal information has been breached in any way, please fill out a Privacy Complaint Form and send it to the IAP Office at Our office will contact you regarding your complaint and work towards a resolution.

Privacy Breach Reporting

A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. Such activity is "unauthorized" if it occurs in contravention of Part III of ATIPPA or, if applicable, a relevant provision of PIPEDA. An example of a privacy breach would be personal information becoming lost or stolen or personal information being mistakenly emailed to the wrong person.

The Privacy Policy has several procedures, including the procedure for Managing a Privacy Breach. The Privacy Policy can be found on Memorial University's Policy and Procedures website. For the convenience of Memorial employees, the procedure for Managing a Privacy Breach has been converted to pdf.

It is our duty as Memorial University employees to report privacy breaches.  To report a breach, contact:

Rosemary Thorne
University Access and Privacy Advisor
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Spencer Hall, Room SP-4018
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
Phone: (709) 864-8214