Welcome Event 2017
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Memorial University and more importantly to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences! Getting started can be a daunting process but everywhere on campus there are many wonderful people and resources to help you transition from high school, work or another institution to Memorial. Our goal on Tuesday, September 5th is to provide you with the necessary information to help you build success as a student.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Welcome Event has been designed to provide you with the essential information to get you started on the right track. You will have the opportunity to meet with other humanities and social sciences students, learn more about areas of study within the faculty, major, diploma and certificate programs, student services, and go abroad opportunities.
The Welcome Event will give you the opportunity to:
- Meet other Humanities and Social Sciences students
- Learn more about the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences major and minor programs, as well as diploma and certificate programs
- Browse our Departmental Fair and get a chance to explore the social and academic atmosphere of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Meet professors and staff
- Gain a better understanding of your program’s academic expectations
Join us for PIZZA and an exciting information session!
Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Time: 10:30 a.m – 2:00 p.m
Location: D.F. Cook Recital Hall and Bruneau Center Atrium
Please continue to check this webpage and your @mun email account for updates.
Welcome Event Program
|Date / Time||Activity||Location|
|10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m.||Academic Matriculation Ceremony||D.F. Cook Recital Hall, School of Music|
|11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Visit to HSS Student Commons||SN 1107|
|12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m||HSS Departmental Fair and Information Session||Bruneau Centre Atrium|