Living on campus at Memorial University is very special. With only 1500 beds, less than 10% of our students get the privilege of living in residence. Here in Housing, Food and Conference Services, we have a huge team of professional staff working behind the scenes to make your life on campus a safe and fun learning experience!
The management of your accommodations on campus is handled by the Accommodations Office (Main Housing Office). Everything from accepting your application, to room assignment, to sorting the mail is done by the staff of the Accommodations Office. Located in 309 Hatcher House, the Accommodations Office is responsible for;
• Processing Applications
• Room assignment and changes
• Meal plan changes
• Financial charges (i.e. Residence fees, meal plan fees, etc.)
• Mail management
• General Inquiries
The Accommodations Office is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Telephone: 709.864.7590 or 709.864.7591
The condition of your room or apartment, including everything from cleanliness to broken furniture, is managed by Housing Work Control. Located in the main Housing Office, Work Control works closely with the university’s department of Facilities Management and is responsible for;
• Coordinating and conducting Inspections
• Assigning your Keys
• Placing work orders for repairs
• Issuing light bulbs, shower curtains, mops, buckets, and garbage pails, etc.
Housing Work Control is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Telephone: 709.864.4522 or 709.864.4382
Living on campus is not just a convenient place to eat, sleep, and study while you are away from home studying at university or college. Living on campus is about new experiences - exploring different ideas, making new friends, and learning more about the world around you and how you fit into it.
Guidance, support by the Residence Life Office. Located in 309 Hatcher House, the Residence Life Office is responsible for;
• RezEx – The Residence Experience (i.e. residence orientation)
• Academic support, including tutors
• Social, Recreational, and Educational Programming and Activities
• Supervising the Residence Coordinators, Resident Assistants, and Academic Assistants
The Residence Life Office is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.