A variety of safety training and education seminars, and courses are available through Environmental Health and Safety. Ongoing seminars are conducted on topics such as:
- DAN 02
- Fire Warden Orientation
- Lifting and Materials Handling
With advanced notice, seminars on any health, safety or environmental topic can be arranged.
EHS also offers a variety of online training courses including (see the course descriptions/training requirements link under "Related Links" for a detailed description of courses available):
- Safety 1000 (Laboratory safety/WHMIS) - Students
- This course is required for any Memorial University student that work or study in a laboratory where hazardous products are used.
- Laboratory safety awareness for non-lab workers - Staff
- This course is required for any Memorial University employee (technical, administrative and academic staff) as well as external contractors/vendors that may enter a laboratory as part of their regular work duties. It is intended to provide awareness for the various hazards that may be present in typical laboratories.
- WHMIS - Staff
- This course is required for any Memorial University employee (both administrative and academic) that work with or in close proximity to hazardous products.
- Radiation Safety - Students/staff
- As a condition of memorial's Nuclear Substances and Radiation Devices license, all personnel (staff and students) who work in authorized radiation laboratories are required to complete this course prior to commencing work.
- Biosafety - Students/staff
- Canadian biosafety legislation requires that all personnel (staff and students) who work in authorized biohazard laboratories are required to complete this course prior to commencing work.
- X-ray safety - Students/staff
- Canadian and Newfoundland X-ray legislation requires that all personnel (staff and students) who work in authorized X-ray emitting device laboratories are required to complete this course prior to commencing work.
- Respirator program - Students/staff
- This course is required for any individual who may be required to use a respirator for work or study. Please note that this course and the health screening form must be completed before a fit test is conducted.
To register for these sessions - click here, complete the online form and you will be directed to Desire2Learn to access the training.
Safety 1000/Science 1807 - Students
To register for this session students are required to complete the training registration on Memorial's Self Serve for Safety 1000.
Certificates are not provided for on-line training. You can print your on-line transcript for proof of training.
If you have a recognized training need, please complete the registration form and fax back to 864-3116 or email to email@example.com.