North Atlantic Forum
The Arts and Cultural Heritage as Engines of Regional
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
October 13-15, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland will host the sixth North Atlantic Forum (NAF) conference on October 13-15, 2011. This international conference will share, showcase and explore how the strong cultural identity of remore rural communities, islands and coastal regions can be used to develop sustainable economic activity.
The conference program will feature discussions, presentations and workshops to address the following key themes:
- the role of culture, place and identity in economic development
- the role of cultural entrepreneurship in economic diversification
- tangible and intangible heritage as engines of cultural tourism
- the arts and cultural heritage as tools for community building
Call for PapersAcademics and practitioners interested in presenting at the NAF conference 2011 are invited to submit the following information (in either English or French) by March 31, 2011:
- A title for the presentation
- an abstract of the presentation (max. 200 words)
- the type of presentation: lecture, panel discussion, field trip, workshop, performance, etc.
- A list of presenters along with their contact information
All submissions can be e-mailed to claird(at)mun.ca in pdf or Word format.
For more information on the NAF conference October 13-15, 2011 in St. John's, Newfoundland Canada, click here .
For more information on the NAF conference September 23-25, 2009 in Bornholm, Denmark, click here .