News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• SSHRC Strategic Joint Initiative for Research into Homelessness and Diversity Issues in Canada
• CIHR seeks input on proposed revision to guidelines for human pluripotent stem cell research
• CIHR endorses guidelines for health research involving aboriginal people
• EJLB CIHR Michael Smith Chair in Neurosciences and Mental Health
• Two (2) RFP’s issued by the Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nation Chiefs Secretariat Inc.
• Genome Canada invites position papers in strategic research areas
• DFAIT offers North American Research Linkages Program
• Support offered by the Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation
• 2008 Smithsonian Fellowships
• ONCE International R & D Award in New Technologies for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• Human Resources and Social Development Canada Issues RFP on Understanding the Non-Financial Barriers to Adult Learning
American Institute for Cancer Research investigator initiated grants; postdoctoral grant award; matching grants.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Michael Smith Prize in Health Research.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada visiting scientist award.
Baillie Fund regular grants program.
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation/Atlantic Chapter research grant competition.
Muscular Dystrophy Association (US) research grants program (request for grant application).
Royal Society of Canada Manfred Wörner Fellowship (NATO Fellowship).