News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail email@example.com.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• Call for proposals under SSHRC’s Presidential Fund for Innovation and Development
• Rethink Breast Cancer offers career development awards
• Goldhirsh Foundation offers funding under its Brain Tumor Research Awards Program
• Imperial Oil University Research Awards Program
• North Pacific Research Board issues its 2008 request for proposals
• Career Development Awards offered by the Foundation Fighting Blindness
• Call for proposals under the Canada-India Science and Technology Co-operation Fund
Alzheimer’s Association research grants program (letter of intent).
CNIB CNIB Baker fellowship fund; CNIB Baker new researcher fund; CNIB Baker applied research fund; Barbara Tuck/MacPhee Family Vision Research Award.
Canada Council for the Arts Molson prizes.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (US) clinical research awards (letter of intent).
James McKeen Cattell Fund sabbatical award.
Deafness Research Foundation research grants.
Imperial Oil Limited university research awards.
International Union Against Cancer Novartis UICC translational cancer research fellowships.
Manning Awards Foundation Manning innovation awards.
Memorial University, Office of Research Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award.
National Cancer Institute of Canada student travel award.
Royal Society of Canada McNeil medal for the public awareness of science.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Shastri Millennium development research grants.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
Canada Council for the Arts John G. Diefenbaker award.
Canadian Diabetes Association grants-in-aid.
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada visiting scientist program.
Japan Foundation open programs.
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study fellowship program (natural scientists and mathematicians).
Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation CPRF awards (full proposals).