News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail email@example.com.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/ overview/grant_opp.php.
• Canadian Arthritis Network
• CFI Leading Edge and New Initiative Funds Competition 2009
• CIHR Proof of Principle Program
• CIHR Needs, Gaps and Opportunities Assessments in Health Services and Policy
• CIHR Operating Grant - Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• CIHR Synthesis Grant: Knowledge Translation
• CIHR Training Grant
• CIHR Research on Aging
• CIHR Catalyst Grant - Planning and Development in Mental Health and Addiction in the Workplace
• CIHR Seed Grant in HIV/AIDS (Community Based Research)
• CIHR Planning and Development in Mental Health and Addiction in the Workplace
• HSFO Master’s Studentship Award 2008/2009
• Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario 2008/2009 CCVD Pilot Project Grants
• Human Frontier Science Program Interdisciplinary Research Grants
• NSERC Strategic Projects Grants Competition
• The Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada
Cancer Research Institute (New York) postdoctoral fellowship program.
Dairy Farmers of Canada nutrition research funding program (letter of intent).
National Cancer Institute of Canada student travel award.
Human Frontier Science Program young investigators’ grants (letter of intent); program grants (letter of intent).
Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Applied Health Research master’s fellowship; doctoral fellowship; postdoctoral fellowship.
Burroughs Welcome Fund career awards at the scientific interface.
Canada Council for the Arts project assistance to visual arts, craft and architecture organizations.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council/Canada Council for the Arts new media initiative.
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada gold medal award (nominations).
Hospital for Sick Children Foundation new investigators grants.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation TransCoop program.
March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation research grants (letter of intent).
National Cancer Institute of Canada awards for excellence in cancer research (nominations).
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada K.J.R. Wightman award for research in ethics.
Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada major research grant; graduate student awards.