News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• CIHR consultation on the draft RFA for the Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research
• CIHR INMD Travel Awards
• John H. Chapman Award of Excellence
• NSERC John C. Polanyi Award
• CSA-ACOA joint initiative - new and emerging space life and physical science research teams in Atlantic Canada
• Alton Ochsner Award Relating Smoking and Disease
• Funding opportunity for the study of life and physical sciences in space
• Canadian Water Network request for proposals
• Allied Health Fellowships and Scholarships offered by the Kidney Foundation of Canada
• PRAC’s First Annual Petroleum R&D Forum
Associated Medical Services Inc., Hannah Institute for the History of Medicine Hannah development grants.
Canada Council for the Arts Jean A. Chalmers fund for the crafts.
Canadian Council of Professional Engineers national scholarship program.
CIHR/Sanofi-Aventis CANADA-HOPE Scholarship Program (full application due).
Canadian Institutes of Health Research operating grants (application).
Cancer Research Institute (New York) investigator award program.
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada innovations in IBD research: a special competition.
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society translational research program (letter of intent).
Memorial University of Newfoundland (Office of the VP (Research) George M. Story lecture in humanities research (nominations).
Memorial University, ISER master fellowship; research grant.
Memorial University, J.R. Smallwood Centre for Newfoundland Studies conference grants; research grants.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada John C. Polanyi award (nomination).
North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO Programme for Science for Peace and Security -advanced study institutes; advanced research workshops; collaborative linkage grants; advanced training course; science for peace projects; reintegration grants.
Parkinson Society Canada (application) pilot project program; new investigator award program; basic research fellowship program; clinical research fellowship program.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Royal College/Associated Medical Services CanMEDS research and development grant; faculty development grant; medical education research grant.