News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail email@example.com.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) competition at Memorial Jan. 22, 2007
• Revisions to NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
• Revisions underway for NSERC’s Collaborative Health Research Projects Program
• Stem Cell Network invites letters of intent for core proposals
• CLLRNet issues call for workshop/tutorial ideas
• Invitational fellowships and postdoctoral fellowships offered by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
• Postdoctoral travel funds to visit UK institutions
• New research funding opportunity offered by the Canadian Orthopedic Foundation
• Nominations sought for Timothy R. Parsons Medal in Ocean Sciences
• Heart and Stroke Foundation announces three new strategic funding opportunities
• Research grants offered by the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada
Baillie Fund small grants program.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Institute of Gender and Health/National Institutes of Health (NIH)/Fogarty International Centre
(FIC) Pilot Projects in Gender, Globalization, and Health (Full application).
Canadian Institutes of Health Research randomized controlled trials (registration).
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health postdoctoral fellowship awards in addiction and mental health research.
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International research grants; career development awards; postdoctoral fellowships.
Memorial - ISER joint appointment fellowship; ISER books postdoctoral fellowship; postdoctoral fellowship; doctoral fellowship; research associate fellowship.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute mobility/exchange grants.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute/Mount Allison University summer program in India.
Smithsonian Institution fellowship program.
CIHR/Sanofi-Aventis Canada-Hope Scholarship Program (registration deadline).
Association for Canadian Studies aid to student conference program; graduate student research travel scholarship.
McMaster University/Hamilton Foundation E. B. Eastburn postdoctoral fellowship.
The Daniel Langlois Foundation research and experimentation grants in art, science and technology.
National Research Council Canada H. L. Holmes awards for postdoctoral studies.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Canadian research awards for specialty residents.
Royal Society of Canada Konrad Adenauer Research Award (Germany).
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) major collaborative research initiatives (letter of intent).