News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail email@example.com.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• Killam Prizes
• SSHRC Extends Scope and Deadline for Applications under the Official Languages Research and Dissemination Program
• Competitions Cancelled for SSHRC’s Multiculturalism Issues in Canada and Two Programs in Partnership with the Law Commission of Canada
• NSERC Regional Office offers Support for Sponsorship of Special Events
• Logistical Support Offered by Polar Continental Shelf Project
• Canadian Aquatic Invasive Species Network Requests Proposals
• Genome Canada Invites Expressions of Interest for Development of Position Papers in Strategic Research Areas
• CIHR Seeks Input on Proposed Policy on Access to Research Outputs
• CHSRF Postdoctoral Awards
• Third Annual Partnerships for Health System Improvement Competition
• National Brain Tumor Research Awards
• 2007 Smithsonian Fellowship
• Killam Research Fellowships
Alzheimer’s Association research grants program (letter of intent).
Baker, E. A. Foundation for the Prevention of Blindness E. A. Baker fellowship fund; E. A. Baker new researcher fund; E. A. Baker applied research fund; Barbara Tuck/MacPhee Family Vision Research Award in Macular Degeneration.
Canada Council for the Arts Molson prizes; John G. Diefenbaker award.
Canadian Diabetes Association grants-in-aid.
James McKeen Cattell Fund sabbatical award.
Japan Foundation open programs.
DAAD German Academic Exchange Service DAAD-Leibniz-Scholarship.
Deafness Research Foundation research grants.
Imperial Oil Limited university research awards.
Manning Awards Foundation Manning innovation awards.
Memorial University, Office of Research Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award.
National Cancer Institute of Canada student travel award.
National Kidney Foundation (US) young investigator grant; clinical scientist award; research fellowship award.
Royal Society of Canada McNeil medal for the public awareness of science.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study fellowship program (natural scientists and mathematicians).
World Wildlife Fund, Canada/Environment Canada endangered species recovery fund.