News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a brief summary of the following research funding opportunities and program announcements, visit the Research website at www.mun.ca/research and select News/Announcements from the links on the left side bar. Each summary will include the submission deadline and a website link for more detailed information:
• NSERC Discovery Grants Competition - Notification of Intent to Apply [Form 180] and Related Documentation Required by August 1
• New for Upcoming SSHRC Standard Research Grants Program - Notification of Intent to Apply Form Now Available for Submission by August 15
• CIHR Delays Its Next Launch of Funding Opportunities Until Mid-July
• CIHR Launches Its New Funding Opportunities Database
• CIHR Discontinues use of web forms for applications under the Fall 2007 Operating Grants, New Investigators, and Doctoral Research Awards Programs
• Call for Letters of Intent Under CIHR’s Regional Partnerships Program
• Call for MITACS Project Proposals for Upcoming Deadline of September 14
• Fourth Annual Partnerships for Health System Improvement (PHSI) Competition
• MatNet Issues Call for Proposals for Materials Research
• New WHO Web Portal for Clinical Trials
Canadian Institutes of Health Research/Rx&D Research Program/Wyeth Pharmaceuticals fellowship program (nomination).
Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation research grants.
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada pilot research grants.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society (US) research grants.
Burroughs Wellcome Fund clinical scientist awards in translational research.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research operating grants (registration).
Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) ACU titular fellowships (candidates must be nominated by executive head of university).